Friday, April 9, 2010

Lesson of the day

Hey Friends!


Sorry that I haven’t posted in a while. I always have such good intentions and then… well… life happens. Anyway today I went for a 4.5 mile run…and while I was out there running that streets it dawned on me once again that I don’t have to fit into any one else’s formula when it comes to running. I have this tendency in life…and thus in running…where I like to do things by the book. I obey the speed limit, I follow all the directions on tests, I don’t jump ahead in line, I wait for the cross walk. So when it comes to running, I like to follow the plan exactly…and when I can’t… well… I get frustrated and quit. That’s what the last two weeks have been about for me.

In the past two weeks (well minus the last three days) I haven’t been doing a lot of running. I realize now it’s cause I can’t seem to find the time (and or energy) to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week, plus deal with all my other responsibilities and still fit in all my scheduled runs. And… well…once I get off schedule…it’s all downhill from there.

But the good thing is… I still LOVE to run. In fact… my car is out of commission for the moment and since I didn’t have a way home from work last night I decided that I would just run home. Turns out it only takes about 35 minutes and other than having to deal with my backpack filled with my work clothes strapped to my back, it was actually quite enjoyable.

So now the plan is…just to run…to let it be fun…to go will how my body is feeling over what some paper tells me I have to do. Granted that doesn’t mean I want to gravitate too much from the “plan” but I guess what I’m finding is that when I do…its okay. So that’s my lesson for the day!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment