Thursday, September 15, 2011

I lost my head!


  The human head weighs 8lbs….or so I’m told by the little boy in the movie “Jerry McGuire”….and 8lbs happens to be the exact amount of weight I have lost since September 1st!  All year I’ve been trying to get back on track with my weight loss, but instead of watching the numbers on the scale go down, I’ve watched them go up, down, up even more, down a little, up a lot more!  Basically it’s the classic two steps forward, five steps back…and it’s been frustrating!

  I finally reached my breaking point with frustration towards the end of August and decided once again that it’s was time to get back on track.  Usually what happens when I make that decision (or at least what’s happened this year) is week one I do really great and lose a lot of weight, week two I gain back half the weight I lost the week before and week three I give up!  This month’s been a bit different, which gives me hope that this time I’m back on track for good!

  When I first stepped on the scale to get my starting weight I was highly NOT impressed, but I knew I could pull off a good week one weight loss if I just put in the effort.  Predictably I weighed in at the end of week one and had lost 5.5lbs!  Normally that would be my excuse to get to cheat on my diet…aka get a bunch of free days where I can eat however much I want of whatever and not work out, but not this time. 

  Although this past week it’s been insanely difficult to find time to work out with my busy schedule, I concentrated a lot on my diet (not that I’ve said any foods are off limits, but rather have been very mindful of how much I’m eating of any given item).  When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was down another 2.5lbs! 

  Heading into week three my goal is actually find time to work out.  I’m not a morning person, but with my nights full so much of the week, I might actually have to find a way to get my butt out of bed early enough to get in a work out before work.  Combine that with my current eating habits and maybe by the end of the month I can lose my head again!

No comments:

Post a Comment