Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hair Today....Gone Tomorrow...

  I spend a lot of time in my life, trying to give to organizations that reach out to people and families that are fighting cancer.  Ever since losing my brother-in-law in 2009 it feels like we all have been thrust into this community of people effected by the "C" word.  So, I want to make a difference, ease the pain, make people feel just a little less alone.  And although at times the things I can do don't seem like they will make all that much of a difference, I'd like to believe that those little things add up...and maybe, just maybe, somebody else is being blessed by my efforts.
  One of those small efforts was made today.....well maybe it actually was made a little less than a year ago when I made the decision to grow my hair out and donate it to "Beautiful Lengths", an organization that uses the hair to make wigs for cancer patients.  Today was just the day I went to get it cut!  Eight inches...gone!!!  Take a look at the pictures of my transformation.....and hopefully the beginning stages for the same thing for someone else!









1 comment: