Monday, July 9, 2012

Cause it's Not About Us....

  I seem to be kind of hard headed lately...well okay, I've pretty much been that way my whole life....and while I wish God would just MAKE me get "Get it" in an instant, normally it's a process...a long...drawn out...messy process!  I'm in the midst of LOTS of those processes right now, but it seems that one of those lessons that I keep running head long into EVERY SINGLE DAY is that I am not responsible for the attitude or actions of anyone else, but rather I will be held accountable for how I choose to live MY life....and whether or not I do it for God's glory!
  Too often in the midst of my day I get annoyed because I feel like I'm constantly giving and giving and giving of myself.  I look around me and see people not working as hard as me, not trying as much as me, not giving as much as I feel I am....and I just want to give up!  Why should I keep fighting the good fight if nobody else is?!?!  Why should I always give my best if others are only working half-hearted?!?!  Why should I bother even trying if I am never going to see any fruit?!?!  And then....in the midst of my whining and complaining, I hear a still small voice whisper...."because I did it for you"!  
  God has changed my heart in so many ways in the past year....and while He's still working on me, I know that who I am and who I become is all for HIS glory!  So if it's for HIM and not me...then it doesn't matter what other people say, or do, how they act or even how they treat me....because my life isn't a response to them but to HIM!  To GOD be the GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment