Friday, May 13, 2011

It's all a state of Mind....


  So over the past few days I keep hearing myself make comments like, “Well I should probably take that day off of work then so I can be in the right frame of mind” or “just give me a heads up so that I can get myself into the right mindset”.  And honestly the more I hear these words come out of my mouth the more convicted I am becoming.  Maybe it’s because I’ve been reading through (among plenty of other things…so prepare yourself for a plethora of book reviews) Brother Lawrence’s, “The Practice of the Presence of God”, but I can’t help but wonder shouldn’t I always be walking in the correct state of mind.  I mean yeah work, and family, and church….they all come in different aspects and different challenges, but shouldn’t it be the atmosphere that’s different not my attitude or outlook.
  I want to live my life fully and completely to/for God.  That means whether I am at home, at work, hanging out with friends, volunteering, or even running around doing errands, everything I do should be for the glory of God.  In fact over the past week or two I’ve been trying to live my days with this thought in my mind, “Is this action/though/decision going to bring glory to God?”   If that is truly my desire….my outlook on life….then why would I need time to get “in the right mindset”?  Shouldn’t that be a constant state of mind?...

No comments:

Post a Comment