Monday, June 28, 2010

The life of rememberance....

  So last night I watched the movie "Remember Me" with my sister and although it wasn't anything I expected it turned out to be a very well thought out movie and I highly enjoyed it.  It was one of those movies where at the end you sit there for a moment....and all these memories come flooding back to your mind....and you end up being so thankful for the life you have. There are so many times in life that I take everything for granted.  I assume things will always be there or a certain way because they always have been.  And it usually takes something drastic to make me realise what I have.
  In my weight loss journey I often have the same attitude.  It's been over two years now that I've lived under three hundred pounds and I take very simple things completely for granted.  There was a time when reaching down to tie my shoe was difficult and when running three houses down the street would completely take my breath away.  Now when I do those things I don't even think about it.
  Not that I'm saying I should dwell on the past, but remembering where I have come from...and all the hard work it's taken me to get to where I am... it makes me appreciate what I am able to do now and drives me to want to keep improving.  Nobody knows what will happen in life...none of us are guaranteed tomorrow... so in the words of mother Teresa "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment