Sunday, February 26, 2012

People and their stories....


  I love hearing people’s stories.  I mean, maybe it’s partly because of my love for all things history, but there’s honestly something so special to me about someone opening up to you and sharing their life.  Now unfortunately (or not...hee hee), I am a big talker, so sometimes it’s hard for me to really HEAR what people are trying to say.  Recently though I’ve been trying really hard to make a concerted effort to listen more.  And you know what I’ve learned?!?!  People are SO interesting!
  Now I wouldn’t go and share anyone’s specific business on here (totally not my place)….but some of the stories I’ve heard and the hearts I’ve gotten to see into in just the past week alone, make me feel so privileged to have these people in my life.  My friends, co-workers, even family members can teach me so much…and yet I miss out so often on all their wisdom and experience by not taking a moment just to listen (Hello there is a reason why God gave you two ears and only one mouth Jessica!).  Thank God He’s teaching me to quiet down a bit…..life is so much more interesting when it’s shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment