Thursday, February 2, 2012

To See the Face of God...

  Every Thursday I spend my mornings with the Kids of East Granby Congregational Church Nursery School (EGCCNS).  I love the fact that I have the opportunity to do this....to spend my time with such amazing kids and supportive teachers....and I feel so blessed to glean so much from a situation where more times than not I am the one being thanked for giving so much of myself, when I feel like it should almost be the other way around!  But this morning I realized another reason why I love going to EGCCNS so much.....it's because when I am there I am constantly reminded to see God in the small things!
  Every week when I walk into the school, I go and place my things down in the "Circle Room" (basically a room shaped like a circle that has all these doors around it that lead to different classrooms).  Decorating the walls of the "Circle Room" are all these banners that people have made....some with scriptures, some with sayings.  There's one banner that always catches my eye though...and maybe it's because I pass it the most (it's on the way to the bathroom...and well, since I drink a lot of water I ended up in that room a lot...)...but it also just resonates with me.  It reads "To see your face is like seeing the face of God ....Genesis 33:10"!  What a perfect sign to have hanging right outside a preschoolers classroom! 
  Now I know...believe me I know....that preschoolers are NOT (I repeat NOT) angels.  Just like everyone else they have their good days and their bad days.  But there's just something about that age....maybe it's that they are always learning or mastering something new...that helps me to find this excitement about life!  I look into their eyes as they joyfully share stories about their family....or I cherish the smiles they flash when they show off a picture they have just colored or painted....and I can't help but see the face of God!
  The bible says in in Matthew 25:40, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me"...and although I am nobody special....each week as I leave preschool I feel like I am one of the most blessed people in the world....for I have been in the presence of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment