Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Recap....

January 1st

  Well it's official...January is  over (well almost) and it's time to check in with how I am doing in my weight loss journey.  I came into this year with some very large goals and in order to reach those goals I broke them down into some smaller goals.  I wanted to lose 10lbs a month and figured the best way to go about that would be to count my calories daily and work out six nights per week.  I also figured a good way to keep me motivated in my workouts would be to aim to run/walk 10 miles per week for a total goal of 40 miles a month.
January 31st
  I  started off great.  I had no problem staying motivated the first two weeks and tracked every morsel that went into my mouth.  So within two weeks I had lost 16lbs.  After that...things started going down hill.  I struggled to get in workouts and mileage, I stopped tracking the calories in some of my meals and before I knew it I had gained three pounds.  I was frustrated,  annoyed, and was really struggling to figure out how to get back on track.  Yet, somehow I did....at least in part...and this past week I lost four pounds for a grand total of 17lbs in the first month of 2012 (it's hard for me to tell by the pictures...but who knows...maybe you can)!  On top of that I've also been able to log 46 miles and had to add another hole into my belt (that's three new holes I've had to make in it since I bought the belt back in December!).
  It hasn't been easy...it hasn't been pretty....but if anything this month has proven to me that if I don't give up then....I've GOT THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment