Monday, February 27, 2012

Spiritual ADD...


  One of my facebook friends today mentioned that they have “spiritual ADD”!  Basically they feel like there is just so much good stuff going on in the world…God honoring stuff that people are doing to change the world for Christ, that they want to be a part of it all!  I feel the exact same way.  Which is probably why I found myself this past weekend living on just water for a day and a half, when my desire to support the cause of World Vision by joining in with the 30 hour famine and bring awareness to world hunger, happened to fall on the first weekend of the 40 days of water campaign that I joined to support blood:water mission in their desire to bring awareness to the issue of clean water while raising money to build a well in Uganda!  Or why I am trying to put together a “shoe cutting” party for this awesome organization called Sole Hope that makes shoes for children in Africa to protect their feet from jiggers, while also trying to prepare myself for a short term missions trip this summer to Ecuador with Visting Orphans, and organization that calls people to simply “Go.  Be. Love”.  Or even why I am reading two different bible study/devotionals by Lisa Harper  while also now committing myself to this God immersion challenge of sorts that my friend Alicia (America’s Next Top Mommy) came up with for lent where you read your bible 1-2 hours a day while submerging yourself in worship and prayer and service.  Yeah it’s quite obvious I have Spiritual ADD,  but the thing is….I am TOTALLY okay with it!  How about you?  Are you ever Spiritually ADD?!?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To learn more about any of the ministries/organizations/people mentioned above check out these sites:

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting better. I have to be really weary of getting overly involved because I often feel that it's the enemy trying to keep me "busy" so that I don't sit and talk with God. For me, it's gotta be all about balance. I've yet to figure out how to do it entirely but I have to give and serve without trying to earn my way into heaven. I have to keep reminding myself that I can never do enough and that just awareness is a good start. Doing something, anything is a good step, being with God is necessary.

    ReplyDelete