Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Freedom of imperfection...

  We've probably all heard it said that mercy is not getting what you do deserve and Grace is getting what you do not deserve.  This has always been a hard concept for me.  Not that I am not completely thankful for both, but they're just such hard concepts for me to wrap my head around.  I am a rules girl.  I get knowing what is expected of me and the consequences of meeting (or not meeting) those expectations.  That's black in white.  That makes sense.
   I guess that's why for so much of my Christian walk I've concentrated on "Doing" and "saying" all the right things.  It's as if I've believed that being perfect would get me into the kingdom....even though I could never live up to the perfect standard.  Lately though, I've noticed a strange shift in how I live my life....how I carry myself.  I feel more free, if that makes sense, and I think it's because I am starting to realise that the world (and the church) is full of messed up people, just trying to figure it out.  We all say stupid things.  We all do stupid things.  NONE of us are perfect.  I know that seems so obvious....kinda like DUH!....but for me, understanding that more and more had started to release me from this gripping fear that I might screw things up beyond repair.
  I'm finding more and more that I serve a God who can do the impossible.  He can talk through donkey's and use the toughest of circumstances for HIS glory.  And thus He most certainly use my screw ups and turn them into something glorious.  I don't have to be perfect cause I serve a God who is!

No comments:

Post a Comment