Monday, November 22, 2010

The Blessing of being out of control...


  Earlier this year I started doing this thing where on the way to work instead of listening to the radio I pray.  Honestly my prayers usually consist of “Dear God please Help me to have a good day…Not make mistakes…get along with people”…yada yada yada….and today was no different…well except the fact that about five minutes into my ride I was struck with this thought…

“Live your life in such a way that you bless others and control yourself instead of trying to control others and bless yourself”

  Now I’m not really one of those cooky people who would say that this was a word from God….The heavens didn’t part and no doves appeared with the message.  Yet I’ve never read or heard this thought before…and after it popped in my head I couldn’t get it out.  In Fact from that moment on I couldn’t stop thinking about it….and that’s when my prayer started to Change.  Instead of asking God to basically have my day go according to my plans, I found myself instead asking him to have his way and help me to have the kind of attitude that would honor him no matter what came my way.
  I wish I could tell you that from that moment on my day went amazingly well, that I kept a great attitude and certainly felt the blessings of God….but that’s just not true.  Instead I felt even more aware of my attitudes and actions….and ultimately ended my day with a deeper understanding of how desperately I need God….I can’t do this on my own (a perfect lesson for all areas of my life)

No comments:

Post a Comment