Wednesday, August 24, 2011

To Become Great....

This morning I was reading and came across the following quote by Mark Twain...
"Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great."
... and I started thinking about all the "real great" people in my life.  The people who challenge me to be better when all I want to do is fit in..... the people who call me out when I need to hear it, but do it in a way I can accept it.... the people who love me for who I am and not just for who I portray myself to be... the people who stand by me when it seems the whole world is against me... the people  who can bring out my goofy side without making me feel like I will regret it in the morning....the people who stick around long enough to draw from the deep waters that I don't share with many....the people who allow me to be there for them when they are going through trails of their own.....the people who share their lives with me and help create such special memories.....the people who join in my excitement about something even when it's not really their thing....the people who serve with me when there are "better" things they could be doing.....the people who listen to me talk and take the time to hear the words I speak between the lines.....the people who can look into my eyes and see into my heart....
....And I just pray that God would help me to become more and more like them.....and ultimately, in turn become more and more like Him...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment