Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's All coming back, it's all coming back to me now...

So Today I went for a 4.5 mile run. I do this route about twice a month and although I never quite look forward to it (mostly because I remember the days when it was easy for me and since that is no longer the case it kind of frustrates me), but tonight I was actually impressed with myself for how well I did. Last time I ran this route I was dying about half way through and ended up walking a large portion of the last two miles. Tonight I did the whole run in intervals and wasn’t tired until the last five minutes (but by then I was already close enough to home that I could see my house)! I am not a fast runner by any means, so it’s moments like this that totally encourage me… I can see myself progressing in endurance when it comes to my long runs and I know it’s only a matter of time until I will feel comfortable running a ½ marathon again! That excites me! Plus I am finding more and more that I am starting to really enjoy running again…..my mojo for it is coming back =) Whoo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment