Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sometimes you just have to be a little crazy....

  I have the day off today...and usually that means trying to get in a long run.  Yet when I woke up it was pouring out.  I kept thinking...maybe it will stop soon but it only seemed to be getting harder, and after listening to my mom go on and on about how it was only going to get worse as the day went on....I ventured out in the rain to get my run on.  Now to be honest, there is something I find completely refreshing about running in the rain!  It makes me feel strong...like nothing is gonna hold me back!  However after about ten minutes in I was soaked...and within 20 minutes my shoes were so wet they felt like cemement!  I ended up cutting my long run down to three miles and I was WAY off pace....but I'm proud of myself for just doing it...cause sometimes you have to be a little crazy!
  Then to top off my crazy in the rain run...I came home to a mom who was super excited about showing me a article in the newspaper about running!  Maybe she's finally coming around to seeing me as a real runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment