Sunday, October 10, 2010

The 17th Annual Hartford Marathon...done in a new way

  Yesterday I had the opportunity to participate in the Hartford Marathon by being a member of a relay team of four members who collectively ran all 26.2 miles in 4hrs and 25 minutes (check out my shirt and bib to the left)!  Watching the Marathon always inspires me...seeing people pushed to their limits and then go beyond them is amazing!  This year however I found myself completely inspired mostly by my own teammates.  There was our leg one runner who put down his bike to join a team of girls he's never met to try something new with running!  Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone and thriving! Then there was our Leg three runner who pushed through so many obstacles to not only train for but also find her way to the race in the midst of a schedule that called for going to class and working as well as caring for her family!  To me she is the ultimate example of being able to do anything you put your mind to!  And then there was our third team member who ran the last two legs of the race for a whopping 12 miles all with a smile on her face!  I have so much to learn from her about endurance and attitude!  With people like this in my life...I can't help but feel blessed!

  So Thank you to all my wonderful teammates (each of who impressed and inspired me in ways this note can't even begin to say) and congrats to all this years participants and winners!  AMAZING job everyone!!

PS...We used this race to raise money to help pay for cleft lip/palate surgeries on special needs orphans in China through the organization "Show Hope".  Please consider sending us your support for our great accomplishment by donating to this cause...it's not too late...contact me for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment