Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sometimes you have it and sometimes you just don't...

  Tonite was totally one of those nights were the teacher became the student when it came to my weekly run with my sister (pictured to the left with me at our race this past Sunday).  Usually I am the one excited to get on the road, I have all this energy and can run forever and spend our time running trying to encourage my sister while she is wondering how much longer and just trying to get through it.  Well as I already suggested tonite was the complete opposite.  I was so not into running to night.  I was exhausted from work and the entire run I just kept thinking how it would be so much easier to just throw in the towel and go home.  Yet in the midst of my lousy attitude here was my sister totally into this run, pushing me along and not letting me quit!  I've trained her so well....I'm so proud!  And even though it wasn't easy and I didn't want to do it...tonite I still ran our three mile run and did it pretty close to our normal pace (tonite it took 37:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment