Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cause I'm diving In...

  It's my first full day back in the states after spending a week in Ecuador...I miss it so much.  I'm not sure how to process it....how to wrap my head around all God spoke to my heart and allowed me to be a part of.  I went down there completely unaware of what God was about to do, but willing to be used by Him....and God blew me away!

  I thought I trusted God.  I thought that preparing for this missions trip, was my lesson in the faithfulness of God.  I was so wrong!  God proved Himself faithful to me over and over and over again while I was there!  Reminding me that all of this...this whole world...is about Him and we get to be a part of what He's doing when when surrender  to Him.  We don't have to make it work, or figure it out on our own.....we just need to trust Him and step out in faith.

  And as I thought about this while sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting for my ever delaying flight back home to Connecticut, it's like God gave me this vision of a stream flowing down river, explaining that He is the current of the water and we have a choice to either spend the rest of our lives looking at the beauty of the river or we can get into the water and let the current take us where ever it may be....  Sometimes it's through rapids.... sometimes it's to calm places.... sometimes it's to quench someone's thirst... sometimes to carry others down stream....sometimes it's away from the things you love or something you need to get away from...but no matter what, there's always a purpose...God's purpose.  He's the current controlling where the water goes, and we just get to be apart of whatever He is doing!

So as one of my favorite singers Steven Curtis Chapman sings....

I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over
my head, I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow,
in over my head, I want to go
The river’s deep, the river’s wide,
the river’s water is alive
So sink or swim, I’m diving in"

No comments:

Post a Comment