Monday, August 23, 2010

Done and Re-Begun...

Yesterday I officially completed my first week of training for the upcoming Hartford Marathon Relay (check out the picture to the left to see my new motivation wall where I mark off my workouts). I was actually kind of proud of myself too because most times I tend to start these training programs and then after a day or two kinds of give in cause life gets in the way. This week I was all about making myself a priority…and doing what I need to do to get where I need to be…and for once I didn’t feel bad about it. My goal at the beginning of the week was four days of running and four days of weight training, with one day of cardio cross training. I ended the week having worked out five out of seven days. I ran a total of 9.5 miles for the week. And got in my one day of cross training in on the elliptical. Funny thing is, in the process I also lost two pounds…although weight loss wasn’t my goal, just a perk!


Tonight I continued training by going for a 2 mile run around my parent’s neighborhood and then following it up with a 40 minute video (the Biggest Loser’s Last Chance Workout)! Tonight was a perfect fall night….granted it’s only August…which made my run quite enjoyable and I finished feeling like I’m actually ready for Sunday’s 5k, even though I still have a week more to train! I wish I could say I felt so perfectly fit doing the video…but I didn’t. I find that I become lazy towards the end of my workouts and if it hadn’t been for the fact that my nephew and his friend were also down stairs working out when I was, I probably would have slack off a bit more than I did (I guess it’s a good thing they were there huh?!).

Tomorrow I am going to plan a morning workout since I have plans in the evening. We’ll see how that goes….

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment