Saturday, August 21, 2010

That loving feeling...

Tonite was my first official “Long Run” for the Training program I am following to get ready for the Hartford Marathon Relay in October. It seems almost silly to consider 3 miles “long”, especially when it’s a pretty normal distance for me, but none-the-less I did it. Actually my sister Denise and I ran together tonite (as we are both preparing to run a 5k a week from tomorrow) and so she did it too… and I have to give the girl some major props for beating the 40 minute mark for the first time on a 5k run after not running in over a week (since she was o vacation)…YOU GO BIG SIS!!!


One thing I noticed tonite after our run though…when I was actually stretching for a change (GO ME…hee hee)…. is that my legs are starting to get back some of their muscle tone!!! Honestly I doubt it’s from the running, I’ve been running forever…but this week on top of running I started doing work out videos with weights again and I can already feel the difference! It’s not easy for me to add new things to my work out time…I like structure and order, but what I’m finding is the more I do, the more I want to push myself to try more…and boy have I missed that feeling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment