Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Funtastic way to work out!

  So today I continued my quest of trying to find new and fun workouts by trying out Active Sculpting with Steve Maresca.  This was a 20 minute video that certainly got the blood pumping and me sweating but I have to admit it was the first time in a long time that I felt like a workout was too short!  Granted maybe my workout went by so fast because tonite I had an amazing workout partner....the wonderful and talented Marissa (that would be my three year old niece)!  I wish I had a video camera so I could have taped her pumping iron with her high heel weights (the instructor said "Pick up your weights" and she said, "Okay I have to get weights" and picked those high heels right up and seriously worked out with them)...but the picture will just have to suffice (see picture to left)!  I guess it was also a good thing that before the video I went for a 2.5 mile jog around our neighborhood ....which sounds nice except I ran up to the heights which like it sounds has a lot of hills!  So to break it down (cause I'm a numbers girl) in about one hour (actually 55 minutes) I burned 626 calories... pretty good for a night I almost talked myself out of working out!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment