Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cause it's Time to Climb in His Lap...

  I taught Sunday School today.  I love teaching Sunday school.  I forgot that!  This summer I took time away from teaching my class.  I was heading to Ecuador and thought I needed the time to prepare for the trip by actually being in service all the time....so I asked for time off.  It seemed like the right choice at the time....but today, sitting on the floor surrounded by nine 4 year olds who were pressing themselves in, listening to me ....and in some cases helping me....tell the story of Daniel in the Lion's den, I couldn't help but realized how much I missed this!  Jesus said, "Let the children come to me" and sometimes...in moments like today...I feel like I'm leading them into His presence...teaching them to climb up on His lap....allowing them to be surrounded by the love of the Father.  I know that sounds ridiculously cheesy...but it's true! I wonder if that's how God feels when we as adults choose to come into His presence.  He beckons us....calls us...and draws us to Himself....and when we get lost pressing into Him, listening to His words...I wonder if He's thinking...I LOVE this!  I believe He does....and tonight I'm resting in His arms.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment