Sunday, December 2, 2012

How 21 Days (or more) Reminded Me to be Thankful...

During the month of November I participated in the "21 days of gratitude" challenge where for 21 days straight you were suppose to share on Facebook specific things you were thankful for each day, trying never to repeat the same thing twice.  Because I'm an "over-achiever".....or really just prone to be pessimistic and ungrateful for what I have....I challenged myself to come up with three things each day and to do it for the entire month.  To be honest, some days I found it hard to come up with three things and I struggled to be specific in my sharing.....but then other days, it was so easy and I felt like whittling it down to just three items was almost too hard!
  In the end I decided to continue on with sharing three things I am thankful for each day, beyond just November.... because what I realised during this "Challenge" is that when I take the time to think about what I have to be thankful for, I actually see the goodness of the world all around me!  I see goodness in people....who pray.... listen...hang out...share ...and go out of their way to be a blessing!  I see goodness in my family... and realized that behind all the things they do that annoy me, are hearts that truly care for me, about me and love me!  I see goodness in nature.....God's creation is beautiful, whether it's sunny, rainy, windy, snowy or if I'm on a mountain, at the beach, in the city or at my house in the suburbs!  And I see goodness in God....who truly does love me exceedingly more than I can even think or imagine and who constantly finds ways to reveal that love to me!
  This past month showed me just how much I have to be grateful and thankful for and I want to continue to live out a lifestyle that sees that and shares it (if that makes sense)!  So here's to 21 more days of gratitude...and hopefully many more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment