Friday, December 14, 2012

How do you find the words....

I can't watch the news today...
It's too sad.
Heart breaking actually.

When I heard from a friend today
 that there was another school shooting...
This time in my home state of Connecticut...
At an elementary school...
And 20 Kindergartners were killed....
I wanted to...
cry...
puke...
scream.

Instead I prayed...
For the families...
For the Children...
For the school...
For the town..
For the state...
For the Nation.

God we need you.
Forgive us for turning our backs on you...
Forgive us for turning our backs on each other...
Forgive us for what we've become as a nation.

Be with those families...
Overwhelm them with love....
Comfort them...
Bring healing...
Some how..
Some way...
Make good out of this bad.

There are so many questions...
So much hurt...
So much pain...

We need you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment