Saturday, January 30, 2010

Out with the Old, in with the New..the January/February Edition...

Well, now that January is pretty much coming to a close I thought it would be a bit appropriate to do a bit of soul searching. Okay so really I got nothing too deep on my mind just some reflecting and goal planning for the months past and future. In January I had a goal to lose 10lbs…as of my last weigh in I lost a grand total of 5.5lbs…a teeny tiny bit more than half my goal and pretty much a bit over a pound a week…so I got no complaints. In February my goal is not so much pounds related as it is health related. I’ve decided that for Lent I am going to give up drinking coffee (I know crazy right! Especially for a coffee lover like me. However I find that most mornings I wake up with the feeling that I HAVE to have my morning coffee or I can’t possibly make it through my day, and well the only thing that should have that sort of power over me is God). I’m not much of a soda drinker or a juice drinker, so hopefully this will in turn also help me to reach my first goal of the month, which is to drink at least 64oz of water a day (yes that involves many more trips to the bathroom in the day but for a girl who constantly lives in a state of dehydration it’s probably a good thing I try to drink more). My second goal is simply to walk 2 miles a day (or jog if I feel up to it). I know, I know…that seems like such a pitiful goal for a girl whose done all these races and once prided herself on burning insane amounts of calories per workout, but the reality is this past month I struggled A LOT with getting workouts in (mostly because I had it in my head that I had to go BIG or should just do nothing at all). This month it’s all about just doing something….next month we can build from there.


Alright so those are my goals for the coming month. What are yours?

Jess

1 comment:

  1. What great goals. And giving up coffee I am not sure I could do that. I totally understand the go big or dont do it at all and I struggle with that daily.

    My goals for the month are to schedule workout times in and make time for me. I need to find ways to release stress before it builds up to me exploding.

    Keep me updated on your progress and know that I am only a text away day and night if you need that extra push.

    ReplyDelete