Sunday, July 18, 2010

History makers, World changers..and becoming a servant of all...

When I was a little girl I had grand dreams of changing the world. I wanted to end world hunger and poverty and in my naivety I truly believed that someday, some way I would. In fact I wrote a letter to myself while I was in elementary school (which my teacher set to me in the mail when I graduated high school) that talked about how I was going to go to Princeton or Yale and get an education so that I could give away what I learned to others in need. Even in high school I held onto dreams about openning a center where the homeless and the broken could come and get food, clothing, and shelter while also getting their very real emotional, spiritual and mental needs met.


Now don’t get me wrong…I still have big dreams and hope to one day truly make an impact with the life I’ve been given. But I guess one thing I’ve realized over the past several years is how true it is that “if you want to change the world, start by changing one person’s world”. When I started on this weight loss journey I was making a decision to change my life...my world. Now I have the opportunity to use that decision to help others change their world too. Yeah maybe the way isn’t as grandiose as building orphanages or adopting communities…but by sharing my journey, by getting those around me off the couch and into a more active lifestyle, and by using races and/or other events to raise money for important causes… I am hopefully making a difference one small step at a time.

Jesus said in Mark 9:35 “Whoever desires to be first, he shall be last and servant of all”…. My prayer is that as I share my journey with others, more and more oppurtunitys would arise to serve others as they change their life/world too!.

No comments:

Post a Comment