Monday, July 19, 2010

Now that's what I'm talking about...

  So over the past several months I've talked and talked and talked endlessly about how much a dislike the excess pounds I've gained in the past year and about how I really need to get back in shape.  Well last Monday I had one of those "ah-ha" moments that turn words into action and I've quite literally spent the week working my ass off.  Today was my official week one weigh in and in the last 7 days I've lost 5.5lbs!!!  I made a goal when I decided to get back on track that I wanted to lose 15lbs before my next race (which is August 29th in case you were wondering) and here is it week one and I'm already 1/3rd of the way to that goal!  How exciting!
  Plus this past week has taught me a very valuable lesson and that is to have grace with myself.  You see I have a very real tendency to throw the baby out with the bath water (so to speak) and so when I make a bad choice it usually turns into a bad day of choices which turns into a bad week of choices and so on and so forth.  This week I've tried really hard...and I've been vigilant....but I've also realised that I'm not perfect and making one bad decision doesn't need to derail the rest of my day.  In the words of Jillian Michaels "If you pop a tire on your car you wouldn't get out and slash the remaining three tires would you?".  That would be silly....and the same concept goes for weight loss. One bad choice doesn't need to lead to more and grander bad choices....each moment is a new opportunity to reach your goals...and that's how I'm choosing to view things as I head into week two.
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment