Sunday, November 11, 2012

When it's Not Crazy to be Insane...

  So they say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  By that definition, this past week I was feeling pretty insane.  I kept finding myself in a situation where I would get my hopes up...and then when they are dashed... I was hurt!  I would tell myself time and time again not to care and not to expect things to work out but just to be happy when it did...without being hurt if they didn't.  But sadly....I'm just not wired that way.  And while I am a big girl and know how to feel the pain and move on...disappointment still hurts...every time!
  Then last night I was laying in bed replaying some situations in my mind... winning arguments I failed to win in real life...and basically complaining to God about how I've been wronged....when I started thinking about the verse in Luke that says,"If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back"...and I was convicted!
  It was like I had this brief moment when I realized that this is the kind of life God calls us to....a life of radical love and insane forgiveness that says I will bless those who curse me, pray for those who persecute me!  Jesus showed this insane kind of Love on the cross.  God continues to show it to me day in and day out through His forgiveness.  If this is who my God is and how He loves, shouldn't that also be how I love and live?!?!
  Yeah...pretty convicting!  But also kind of encouraging in that...God's kingdom's upside down but totally right side up kind of way!  You may or may not agree with me...and that's fine, cause to be honest I don't always agree with myself in the moment...  But maybe in being a little insane in comparison to the world, we become a little more like Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment