Sunday, November 4, 2012

When You See the Right in What has Gone Wrong...

  So this morning I had an opportunity to share with my church for orphan Sunday!  Honestly when I first heard about Orphan Sunday I was so excited about it and even (dare I say it) excited to share!  Then I forgot about it until yesterday when I got an email saying I could share today!  My thought process went a little something like this....

  Oh crap...I completely forgot about that.....I thought they forgot about it too....I didn't hear anything back that said I was certainly doing it...I thought I wasn't going to have to....why did I ever say I would share....I don't like to stand up in front on the crowd....I don't even know what to say anymore....but if I don't say something will anyone....is saying something better than saying nothing....could I really let this Sunday go by without standing up for the carlos' and Pablo's of this world....how can I not do something....of course I'll share!

(This all went through my mind in a matter of seconds! The mind is a funny thing, isn't it)!!!

  So anyway, I shared.  And to be honest I don't think I've done that bad of a job of presenting something to my church in a long time!  But....the funny thing was....I didn't really care!  It's not that I don't care for the orphans or want God's heart to shine through me for them...but I realized....it's really not about me anyway!  I could have gotten up there and said the word "Peanut Butter" and if God wanted to He could use that word to touch some one's heart!  It's not about me saying the right words, or being super eloquent or convincing people to stand in the gap for the cause!  It's about God giving His heart to His people through willing vessels!

  I ended my "share" with prayer....which if you know me you know how much I absolutely hate praying in public... it seemed so right though that I'd offer my heart to God in a moment when my words and strength of voice seemed to miss the people.  And I ended up walking away feeling like I did my part and now it's up to God to use it as He will.  To Him Be the Glory  (such a refreshing place to live)! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment