Monday, January 17, 2011

So THIS is what a Runner's High Feels Like!


  So tonight the plan was to go to the gym…do a 45 minute hill climb on the treadmill and then bike for 45 more minutes, shooting for a 1000 calorie burn.  Granted what I was really suppose to do was run….but after 8 hours of work and coming home for dinner…settling for a hill climb and the bike was about all I thought I was up for.  That is until I got to the gym.  Seriously, I don’t know where it came from, but tonight when I stepped on the treadmill I had some serious “Mojo” and so I went with it!!!  Thirty seven minutes later I had completed a 3mile run and it felt GREAT!  In fact I felt so good running that I bumped up my speed to a faster pace than I have run in over six months and I still felt like I could go faster!  I haven’t had a run like that in over year!  Makes me feel like I’m doing something right!!! 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! Keep up the good work!!! I've been DRAGGING myself to the gym because I can't seem to DRAG myself in the cold cold cold mornings. This weekend was stinky because we had a football party and I needed to RECOVER from it ;-) Don't look to your steps backwards, look to how you can go forwards!!!

    ReplyDelete