Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week Three: Results and Reflection...


  So it’s Saturday…and as is my custom I weighed in this morning.  Although last week I vowed to get back on track with counting calories, I will be honest enough to admit that I lied (is that an oxymoron…being honest enough to admit you lied?!?!).  I don’t know what it is but I am having so much trouble getting back on track with counting calories….it’s just so tedious.  Sadly it’s also very necessary for me….in fact it’s pretty much a rule of thumb that when I don’t stay mindful of my calories I make the worst food choices ever (like today I had chips and soda and a cheese loaded fried sandwich).  So stepping on the scale this morning I was nervous.  Turns out I weigh exactly the same I did seven day ago.  I guess I could take some comfort in knowing I didn’t gain weight…but I don’t.  I worked my butt of in the gym this week!  Seriously, I must have spent at least 8 hours sweating it out on the treadmill and other cardio machines!  To end the week breaking even after all that work is like a slap in the face….and it’s my own hand slapping me!  Week 4 needs to be different!  In fact I have widened my support group (I’ve joined a “biggest Loser” competition as well as agreed to expand the accountability group I am a part of…figuring the more eyes on me the better) and I’m ready and prepared to take both their praise and criticism.  So my goal for this week is once again to start counting calories (this time not making myself out to be a liar) and to lose four pounds (I always aim high for some reason...hee hee).

No comments:

Post a Comment