Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What Being One is Like...

Tonight
I am tired...
Exhausted...
drained...
and yet happy...
oh so happy...
because today...
today was a great day!

I think I should dub this week
the week of the "hangout"
since it's seems
since this past Sunday
and continuing through to this Sunday
I have had or will have
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
everyday with one of my friends
(Some twice...friends and/or meals)!

I LOVE THIS!!!
I truly do!

There's something so 
rich 
and 
engaging
about doing life
with others...
about getting to know people
and allowing them to know you!
It's part of what makes life
ABUNDANT
and why tonight
I can sit here
tired and yet
happy...

Today I spent my day (like 8 hours!)
hanging out with some amazing women
from my church family.
Woman who
six months ago
I didn't even know
but who now
I would love nothing more
than to spend more time with!

These woman are
smart 
funny
caring
insightful
wise
self-less
humble
loving
and
completely Human...
(aka they have faults too)
And yet...
they opened themselves up to me
and allowed me to opened myself
up to them
and it was glorious!

As we all hung out 
sharing our 
stories...
hearts...
questions...
ideas...
And a lot of
LAUGHS
I couldn't help but think...
THIS is the joy that can come
from COMMUNITY
THIS is what being a
BODY is like
THIS is the Heart of
the Father
(that we would be ONE)!
How grateful I am
to be a part of this...
to witness God
binding heart and lives!

All I can do is thank Him
and praise Him...
I am in awe of the 
work of His hand!   

No comments:

Post a Comment