Thursday, October 8, 2009

And Introduction to Me...

Hey There!
My name is Jessica, I am 26 years old and I am what you could call a weight loss warrior. Okay, so I know what you are thinking. What in the world is a “weight loss warrior”?! Well for me it basically means someone who is in a fight for their life to lose weight and become the kind of person they were always wanted to be. It’s someone who celebrates the good times and continues to fight like hell in the bad times. It’s the type of person who knows full well that life is the about the journey, just as much as it’s about the destination. That’s the kind of person I am.
This is me (to the right) two years ago, weighing in at a whopping 290lbs (which is 20lbs shy of my heaviest weight of 310). I knew I was overweight and I knew I was unhealthy, but I didn’t know what to do in order to change it. Don’t get me wrong, I had tried plenty of “diets” but most didn’t work and those that did only last a few months and ended with me gaining back everything and more.
This is me (to the left) one year ago, weighing in at 170lbs (if you’re trying to calculate the difference, its 120lbs). I am proud of my accomplishment and even more proud that I did it on my own and in the old fashion way of eating right and exercising. In one year I learned more about health and wellness than I had ever known and was able to put all that information into practice to change my life. That is something that nobody in this world can take away from me.
But this is me (to the right) today (okay well the picture was actually taken a few weeks ago but you get the point). As you might be able to tell I’ve gained back some weight (or if we are being honest here more than some) and although I am nowhere near as obese as I once one I am certainly not proud of where I find myself these days.
The good thing is that I’m a warrior and I’m NOT giving up. So this is where it all starts again. This blog. This my way to work through everything I didn’t work through to begin with and my way of getting back on track and taking everyone I can with me. I don’t always promise to be happy and I won’t always have the right answers, but I am here to share my journey with as much honesty as I can to as many of you will read.
So thanks for tuning in.
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment