Saturday, October 10, 2009

A change of heart...

Hey Friends!


So guess what?! I did it…again! I completed another 13.1 mile race (aka a ½ marathon) today. It’s so crazy to me to think that last year at this time I had just started running and had never even done my first 5k and here I am a year later having completed two ½ marathons in 6 months…hum….if we add them together then it’s kind of like I did a full right?!?!…hee hee.

Anyway I realized today that my mind is a funny thing. Last time I did a race like this I had all these expectations about what I could do and ended up finishing the race and feeling like I failed for not meeting those expectations. This time I had no expectations, except to finish, and when I did finish (even though it wasn’t the race I had planned to run) I was very proud of myself! Then of course there is the fact that last time I ran a half I expected to feel really sore afterwards and wasn’t, yet this time I assumed I wouldn’t be all that sore and I am. See…kind of backwards…but oh well.

So it seems that after all my blabbering and feeling bad last night…tonight I find myself feeling happy and accomplished…and already looking ahead to the next race (albeit a much shorter one).

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment