Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Everything is Numb3rs...

Hey There! Everybody Ready for a math lesson?!?! Don’t worry it won’t be hard! I actually don’t mind math too much…it very black and white with right and wrong answers, just the way I like things. Plus I was thinking this morning about how 1lb is 3500 calories, so it would probably be a good thing to know the math behind what numbers I’m seeing on the scale and the numbers I want to see. So let’s go…


Alright, so as it’s been explained to me your basil Metabolic Rate (aka BMR) is the amount of calories you body burns just to live…like to have your hair grow and to breath and what not. To figure out your BMR you add…

655 + (4.35 x your weight in lbs) + (4.7 x your height in inches) – (4.7 x your age)

So using that formula my BMR is 1770. Now I also work and my job is in retail so in order to figure out how many calories I burn during a working day I multiply my BMR by 1.2 to create my Active Metabolic Rate. For me that means on days I work I burn up to 2125 calories (give or take 100 calories for body mass, etc).

Knowing that information I have decided that each day at the end of my posts I will list my calculated AMR plus my calories burned while working out and then my calories consumed to come up with my calorie deficit for the day. SO here we go for today…

AMR: 1770
Workout: 970
Calorie Intake: 1220
Calorie Deficit: 1875

Night All.

No comments:

Post a Comment